Monday, February 4, 2013

9:10 pm on a Monday

   Most people are watching "The Bachelor" right now.  I am not.  I am however, entering my first post to this reflection blog.  I'm not quite sure who will ever read this but it's still very nice to get some thoughts out of my head.  Let's begin.
   My first thought is related to my masters degree.  I have a few different goals for myself.  One goal is to finish my Masters degree in a timely manner.  The other goal is to actually make my Masters degree extremely useful for my classroom.  Getting a pay raise really is an after thought for me.  Although it's a nice afterthought.
   My second thought is related to how I currently have around 5 different software programs at school with varying usernames and passwords.  I have 3 separate blogs now.  I have a youtube account, a facebook account, 1 home email, 1 fake email, 1 gmail account, and an instructables account.  I'm a husband, a dad, a teacher, a photographer, a coach, in charge of art club, working on my masters, and trying to keep my drive way shoveled.  It's really steep and if I don't shovel it, we can't get into the garage.  With all of these things, how do I keep it all straight?  Something's has to give.
   My third thought of the night is more of a dream and question.  How do we do all the things we do while keeping them meaningful and connected?  Why do I need all of these different accounts and emails?  Each one seems extremely useful in its' own right, but do they really benefit me?  I suppose my task for my current coursework is to determine which things I am really using.  I need to trim down to a leaner online presence.  I think.  

No comments:

Post a Comment